Student Corner: Heather on Goddess Night

Gather 'round! I'm here to pass to you a lovely story from one of Najia's students. Heather has been belly dancing with Najia in Media, PA for 1.5 years. During the November Goddess Night, she had a profound experience. Here's hoping many more to come!

I would like to share an experience I had during a sacred geometry dance workshop on 
Goddess Night. Some of my classmates and I had performed at the beginning of the night, so it took me a little while to be really present during the sacred geometry lesson.

Once I relaxed and really listened to the music, became aware of the hypnotic feeling of the movements and Najia's voice offering a kind of guided meditation, something happened.

I didn't notice that something had happened to me until we stopped and my eyes were flooded with tears. 

I looked at one of my classmates next to me and realized that I wasn't the only one who just had a profound experience.  I didn't feel sad.  I felt more emotionally moved by the experience, if I could even begin to put words to it.  Words feel very limiting when it comes to describing something like this.  To be honest, I don't fully understand what I was feeling.  I can tell you that I have felt more relaxed and handle stress better since then.

Thank you, Najia for proving an atmosphere for me to have such a spiritual experience.

Thank you for sharing, Heather! And to any other students with interesting and inspiring stories, please email them here. 

Comments

Popular Posts